1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When I said "GOP" I meant the party leaders and the candidates. You're right, the voters—particularly this year—don't want to be told how to vote otherwise Jeb! would be the candidate. My point was if the field and party leaders took Trump on this hard from the beginning and called him out of all of his BS, his numbers may have fallen. I could be wrong, but I feel like there was a general assumption that Trump would take himself out so the fight became between them. As the campaign went on, Trump got a huge head of steam and all of this "Not Trump," Cruz-Kaisich deal, Cruz calling Trump a pathological liar is not going to dent anything.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There were people saying what a freakshow a Trump candidacy would be - unfortunately they were in the media which automatically boosted his Republican cred.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

With those tiny mitts, Drumpf would need a derringer.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

What many are forgetting is how well Trump did in the debates and there were many of them.
    The more established GOP candidates had ample opportunity to take down Trump and all failed.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I guess if your idea of winning a debate is being the biggest uneducated asshole on stage, Trump was indeed a clear winner.

Double Down, SFIND, Killick and 3 others like this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Trump was never going to "take himself out" of anything. That's the difficulty for the media and political foes when he says the outrageous stuff. There is no such thing as a gaffe with Trump because if anyone calls him on something, he simply says, "fuck you." He gave them nowhere to go. And since he's doing this with no big donors, he'd not beholden to anyone. That's the danger of this guy. At this point, the safest thing for any responsible voter from either party is to suck it up and vote for Clinton. At least she knows how stuff works in the government and has foreign policy experience. President Trump will be the worst fucking disaster for this country ... ever.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You could not be more wrong. He's a fool, and nowhere was that made more clear than the debate stage.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Women love Hillary!

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Little Marco and Lying Ted as debate strategy?

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Exactly. Everyone thought he'll piss off so many people his numbers would plummet and he'd be gone. So the establishment went after each other and fought to go one-on-one with Trump. Now it's too late. In fairness, I wouldn't have voted Republican anyway but a reasonable candidate stood a chance against Hillary. Not now. The bloc that is carrying Trump now won't be enough against the Dems if the Dems turn out.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

ABC calls Indiana for Trump

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I guess God will not be exhorted to bless the Great State of Indiana tonight. The Official Candidate of Jesus Christ has been vanquished by a large margin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.