1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I asked for a Democrat.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I see a pattern with those "serious" Republicans." Your importance to this site aside, Dick, sometimes you're just another knee-jerk partisan.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'll put it at 15% that Trump sees the writing on the wall and finds an excuse to drop out. He can spend his years talking about he totally would have won if he hadn't been forced to drop out because his bone-itis was acting up.

HanSenSE and JC like this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Every presidential candidacy is based on the same thing -- arrogance. How that manifests itself depends on who needs to be pandered to the most.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

But in fairness Hrrump is also a distinguished graduate of a top University with two degrees. Many consider the Wharton School of Business the best for an MBA. Hrrump's reference is business and he engages in a different manner. Hrrump also has a book "The Art of A Deal" that shows he is serious about business which boiled down to it's essence is about making deals. Those who are Hrrump supporters say that Washington now needs a dealmaker.

In looking back now over President O'Bama's eight years how effective do you think he has been in "reclaiming the American dream" which was the premise of "The Audacity of Hope"?

old_tony likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh dear ... don't get my hopes up ...

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That may not be entirely true, but I'd still rather have someone pander to the decent people in this country rather than the hateful, spiteful asshole army.

BDC99, HanSenSE and bigpern23 like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Ttump just had a BA.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

5% that the right mix of GOP establishment uses this as excuse to start a "third" party that will actually replace the current Republican party by the next election cycle, leaving Trump with the empty shell.

Could be their latest attempt to fix the brand problem they have with the growing demographics.

10. YankeeFan

Voters don't like Hillary.

Trump is going to put on the charm, and lots of media members will kiss his ass.

And, loving a horse race, the media will start talking about the new, serious Trump.

Plus, Hillary will have the opposite problem. People like her less the more they are exposed to her.

Even on softball interviews, she comes across as scripted and inauthentic.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I need to read "What It Takes" by Richard Ben Cramer, which I've had sitting on the shelf for years, and is, I think, essentially an 800-page thesis on this idea, but with empathy for the participants. Perhaps I'll start it tonight.

12. YankeeFan

Neither of those things will happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.