1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Newt has pulled off a very impressive feat. He's gone from the ultimate establishment insider to an outsider in about 15 years.

2. old_tony

Problem with this is that Sanders dominated the caucus states, for which there are no "vote total" numbers.

3. old_tony

Of course, it would be about 600 percent better off if someone else had been at the helm, but let's forget about that fact.

4. old_tony

You won't find any post at all where I've stated such.

5. old_tony

An extremely liberal media outlet predicting that the rest of the liberal media won't be liberal. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's bullshit.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Five consecutive posts. I don't believe he's close to Dick's record, though.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Unless he's naming Ronald Reagan as his running mate, he has no shot, so who gives a fuck? He has insurmountable poll numbers to overcome among women, non-whites and even in some states that Romney won in 2012. Shit, he might even lose Utah. DOA, Donald Drumpf.

Watching people try to uselessly beat the bushes is like watching Hunter S. Thompson uselessly beat the bushes for McGovern in '72. Wake the fuck up, it's done

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oops got that record. Probably not breakable.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope somebody's screen-grabbing all the #NeverTrump posts from conservative stalwarts to use when they're blowing him in October.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Of course, nobody suggested that borrowing/debt should get out of manageable proportion with growth, either, just that debt numbers are often used to scare less sophisticated voters and to justify craziness like cutting Social Security and Medicare benefits.

Government spending levels are also somewhat counterintuitive to most folks because governments generally need to spend at higher levels during economic downturns.

That we didn't spend more the past eight years, when we could have been using cheap money to begin rebuilding our infrastructure while helping to mitigate the loss of middle-class jobs, was a missed opportunity to help less fortunate people and stimulate economic growth.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The pearl-clutching over the taco salad stunt is the best yet. Look, Trump's my guy. So I admit to a slight bias here. But he was having a little fun with the liberal stereotype of him as a racist. He's a showman. Personally, I thought it was great.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pig Trump supporters are stupid, and it's OK to say so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.