1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

YF, Obama is the president of the US, not any of the other countries you mention. That areas of the world have destabilized is not a problem of his doing.

The multinational nuclear deal with Iran was without doubt the right thing to do. And, as for "strained relations with Israel," what you really need to say is "strained relations with Bibi Netanyahu" and, by the way, fuck him. He's an asshole.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of course, the US helped things along, eh?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'll email a dollar to anyone who can tell me what the hell the point is of this Peggy Noonan column. I pity the headline writer.

Trump Was a Spark, Not the Fire

She's in for a long summer and fall of being eight steps behind.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes, through democratic and republican administrations, we've employed similar policies, that are rarely successful.

This election cycle, one party will nominate one of the architects of this failed policy, who will surely continue with what we've done for 60 years.

The other party has nominated someone not wedded at all to these policies, who has promised something completely different.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She didn't start the fire; it was always burnin' since the world was turnin'.

BDC99 likes this.
  6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

LTL, this probably explains it...

8. YankeeFan

Oof. This is more sexist and misogynistic than anything Trump has said:

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What bothers me even more than that, though, is how W and Co., when it became apparent the effort was not only getting bogged down, but becoming unpopular, it became something to be sold and packaged, like laundry soap or deodorant. Jessica Lynch captured? Marines go in guns blazing! Pat Tillman killed? He goes out like Iron Guts Kelly. We later find both stories to be out and out lies. And this is why I haven't been able to pull a lever for a Republican.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is zero chance of that happening. He brings nothing to her ticket.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jefferson did just fine making the Barbary Pirates his bitch.

12. YankeeFan

She'll never consider him.

But, it will be fun when his supporters are offended by the lack of consideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.