1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I desperately want there to be a third party. Of course, I want it to be a third party that reflects my worldview, rather than the third party that actually seems to be gaining traction, the libertarian party. It's also why I sometimes feel like Donald Trump is, in some ways, a tragic missed opportunity: An independent-spirited gate crasher who, ultimately, makes it tough to root for him because of the misogyny, racist undertones, and lack of polish. I want a third party that both believes in global warming, for example, but also can comfortably concede that free trade is not the devil.

2. Dick Whitman

Everyone's a sore loser these days. There was a piece about it in one of the papers the other day, and it's true.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Everyone wants a third party except absolutely not the kind of party everyone else who wants a third party wants. That is why there will be no third party.

HanSenSE and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Right. That's what I was saying. I want it to be my third party, reflecting my precise worldview which, of course, is the correct one.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

There's nothing snowflake about it. We need leaders, not politicians.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Someone who is not good at politics isn't going to be a very good leader of a political system.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The media is going to promote Gary Johnson like never before.

He'll get free media, be included in polls, and there will be calls for him to be included in the debates.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Little different numbers here.

NBC/WSJ/Marist battleground polling over past 2 months:
    FL: Clinton 49, Trump 41
    OH: Clinton 48, Trump 42
    PA: Clinton 54, Trump 39

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

That's over two months, though. I'm not sure what the Quinnipiac time frame was, but my instinct was that it was more recent.

EDIT: Looks like the Quinnipiac polls were from April 27 to May 8. I'm not saying that they'll hold up, but, as of now, I would trust them more than the NBC/WSJ/Marist battleground polls. He's getting a bump as Republicans line up behind the presumptive nominee - and Clinton is getting a lull because Bernie Bros.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Biased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.