1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good thing Sam Brownback and Rick Snyder are still around so Christie can point to governors who have failed worse.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Race To The Bottom is like the Olympic 100m finals.

This is what happens when you elect motherfuckers who don't believe government should work to positions of responsibility in trying to make the government work.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

At least Brownback hasn't sat back and allowed a whole city to be poisoned. Yet.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Apparently, quite a few people.

GOP debate second highest rated show in FOX News history

"The debate topped all television shows -- including broadcast programs -- on Thursday night in total viewers.

"The debate beat CNN and MSNBC combined in both total viewers and the 25-54 demo. Those networks aired segments of a Donald Trump rally, which was scheduled after the GOP contender withdrew from the Fox News debate."

Surprise: Debate ratings go up without Donald Trump

"The seventh Republican debate delivered 12.5 million viewers. That’s an increase of 13 percent from the last debate with Trump in the mix earlier this month on Fox Business Network."

This debate didn't draw as well as the first two, but it was not the "total disaster" The Donald had predicted.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I think on one of the Trump threads Alma had made this same basic arguement IIRC.

My very successful father in law and his even more successful wife are huge Trump supporters who a few months ago told me that Trump "tells it like it is".

Their position is starting to make sense to me.

Donald Trump Is Shocking, Vulgar and Right

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No. He's working on an entire fucking state.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bernie is the 2016 heir to Obama (2008 and 2012) and Howard Dean (2004) as the candidate swept into popularity by the young idealistic wing of the party. HRC, given her DLC roots and decidedly centrist politics, was never going to be this group's first choice nor was she going to say the kinds of things necessary (single payer! Tax the billionaires! Tax the corporations!) to gain its favor. Her strategy should be to avoid angering these folks and pick up their support when the choice becomes HRC vs Trump or Cruz or Rubio. She will need their grassroots organizing ability.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.