1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I firmly believe whoever wins will be a one-term president. George HW says hello.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"In time, the American people will gain their fondest wish, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H.L. Mencken in 1924.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. Who do you want in your living room every day for the next four years?

4. YankeeFan

I wouldn't be so sure. Incumbents have tremendous advantages. GWB got reelected.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Barely, and the 9/11 trauma effect was still in place. He ran on "he kept us safe" and it wasn't until Katrina his approval cratered. Economic history indicates (not guarantees, of course) another recession between 2017-2010 and the government will be unlikely to respond effectively. More tax cuts for the rich won't help, and major public spending will be off the table in a GOP House whether it's proposed by Trump or Clinton. But the enormous social and foreign policy consequences of Trump's proposals would outweigh that in the national consciousness by miles. A trade war with China sounds appealing to many folks, but when they find out it means their new Make America Great Again baseball cap will cost $100 and their new iPhone $5000 they may feel differently. That's just one example.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's not funny, he's an asshole. Assholes are funny in limited doses, but pretty quick they become simply pains in the ass.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just think that is outrageously overblown (as a consideration, not as a fact).

Yeltsin was more likable than Putin. As a leader, he was dogshit.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Would explain the broad shoulders.

10. YankeeFan

LOL.

I replied before reading the link. Apparently the broad shoulders are the evidence that she is Trans.

11. YankeeFan

All the neocons do fundraisers in Israel:

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.