1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hasta la vista.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Today is a curious day as I don't place much stock in South Carolina to begin with.

A state where the Confederate flag was an issue until last summer, where racial tension and economic divides are some of the sharpest in the nation and where every white person who isn't in a union votes Republican.

In other words, the perfect Trump state.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

All I want out of SC is for it to do Iowa's job and reduce this race to three

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I hope Trump's speech tonight starts with the sentence "Winners win."

RickStain likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is odd, as if Jeb's candidacy at this point didn't expose what Trump was quite vocal about - SC's results seem to confirm what everyone realizes but may not want to admit in public - and with that - the Bush era is over (for now).

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But that won't slow the Trump train as the other two are still going to be Cruz and Rubio. And neither one of them is going away until at least after Florida on March 15. I think over half the states will be in the books by that date.

California is the biggest prize and it's very late, and it's a toss-up/slight Cruz at this point. So no way in hell does Cruz fold before then. I guess Rubio eventually might, but he's more and more the one guy the GOP doesn't want to eliminate, so if he shows life in Florida and some other places he stays too.

Main point being Trump is going to run a huge portion of this race needing only a plurality, which he has locked up in more places than not.

exmediahack likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

The poli sci types, the 538 crowd, and the reporters who believe in the first two groups are going to some extreme and hilarious lengths in their arguments that Rubio was the real winner tonight.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Case in point: Chris Matthews (a lunatic, I know, but) has just finished a spiel in which he said "Rubio will pose some big problems for Hillary in the fall." Not, "Rubio's still in it," it's "Rubio's the winner."

9. exmediahack

Jeb! sounds like he's about to drop out.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. Apparently speaking now.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Rubio coming out of SC in decent shape with Jeb! out. Once Kasich drops out, Cruz is in trouble.

12. exmediahack

In the Jeb! dropout speech, he had to call for applause one final time. Hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.