1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

He points out that it's not OK to rip down said statues like a mob when the rest of us are forced to obey laws. I'm not allowed to go rip down stuff in my town with friends. I'd be arrested. You want to take down statues? Go to City Hall. Get signatures. Don't riot. Also ... any society that is talking about blowing up or destroying Mt. Rushmore because some of the people on it had serious flaws, is an Animal Farm society that is doomed. You don't blow up monuments. You TEACH about them in school and discuss the flaws of the people on there as well as what they did that was GREAT for America. You think anybody is perfect?? No they are not. So it's good we have a Tucker Carlson and Hannity and Ingraham to point out the madness. Not everybody believes in mob mentality you know.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Tucker Carlson has no basis in science.

The guy is now a danger to people. He's got more than 4 million uncurious--bordering on brain dead--viewers, who are going to listen to him and do things as a result, which facilitate the spread of the disease and associated deaths.

Do you think he wears a mask when he is out? It would be the difference between him being a consciousless fuck or a moron.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I don't know if Tucker Carlson is a racist. I don't know if he is a moron. He sure seems to think his viewers are both.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

OK, Hat Man.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

so, if someone wants to take down a statue, the only way is to get the OK from the suits?

8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The people involved in the Boston Tea Party weren't obeying laws, either. Should they have limited their protests to gentle petitions of the British?

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How did someone like Carlson get where he is and someone like me is looking at spending my remaining years working minimum wage jobs and possibly being homeless?

Maybe he can type better on a phone than I can, but that's about it.

10. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

1. you weren't born on third base
    2. you have a conscience and won't say anything for money

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I would do anything for love ... but I won't do that.

WriteThinking likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Carlson is a rich kid from La Jolla who went to fancy-pants boarding schools like his overseers.

He hates the establishment because he was denied a job with the CIA right out of college.

Nixon hated everybody because he went to Whittier instead of Yale.
    Tucker went to all the good schools and still hates anyone he deems beneath him.

His life story screams privilege, entitlement and fragility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.