1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tucker and Whitlock together and it didn't cause a rip in the time-space continuum?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The amazing thing is his career was almost over a couple of years ago
    After bouncing around networks, he landed a gig as Fox & Friends Weekend host
    He said he wouldn’t do the food segments (he relented on that) or the workout segments (stuck to that)
    Surprisingly he was into the hunting and fishing segments
    If O’Reilly doesn’t get in trouble and Fox needing someone to fill his spot quickly who knows what would have happened
    This was the highlight of his F&FW career

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Lewis Black got it right ... FNC, CNN and MSNBC are the 24-hour raw sewage channels.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The battle for the American soul is intense.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The problem isn't Republican demagoguery. It's Democrats speaking out against that demagoguery.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If nothing else, Carlson is presenting the populist playbook: Biden is a smiling front man for a ravenous, radical left that will use him to get into office before revealing their real agenda.

The danger in that, of course is no matter what Biden does - and for his whole life, he's been pretty close to the center - there will be guys like Carlson who insist at a hidden agenda, a perpetually-looming leftist takeover.

In its own way, it robs the right of its agency. David French - who's a little too twee for my taste generally - made a good point recently on the whole Cardi B song (unheard by me) and the concern Christian families had about it. French said - and I'm paraphrasing - conservative families have the power and freedom to make their own artistic choices separate of Cardi B (or anyone else), and instead of pretending like Cardi B was taking over, they could simply exercise their own choice to the contrary.

Fundamentally, I agree with him, though it isn't always easy to buck culture. Carlson presents a world where, mostly, the only thing anyone can do is vote for Trump. He'd be wise, at some point, to expand the options. Trump is a lousy option.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And Republicans wonder why they are stuck with Kid Rock at their convention. A sane GOP could have had THE Rock at their convention.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I doubt that. Here are the celebrities who supported Romney - whom we can all agree is not Trump - in 2012:

Tons Of Celebrities Have Come Out In Support Of Mitt Romney

I'm confident most of this same list will support Trump in 2020. I'm absolutely certain of one of those celebrities.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

“As a counter to the Obama-George Clooney event, Mitt Romney has yet again called upon Mr. Trump to provide a little bit of excitement and star power for supporters of Gov. Romney. ... Donald Trump has been the single most significant surrogate for Governor Romney and has pledged his continued assistance to ensure that Obama is limited to being a one-term president."

Well that's awkward.

Also, there are some stupid, stupid people on that list.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.