1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC results

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Dec 30, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

All this has made me wish for an E! True Hollywood Story on both Tong Po and Chong Li.

2. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

OK, what's your argument for sandlot baseball? I've stated my case on MMA with numbers, TV ratings, attendance, etc., etc. Don't just throw out an obscure sport and not have something to back it up, cuz anyone can do that.
    I wasn't trying to attack Mert. All I was trying to get him to do was back up his stance with actual facts and show me it wasn't just his opinion. If you read all the posts, you'll see that.
    I may have come across as too passionate about this subject, but that's because it seems there's a lot of people who are so close-minded about it and are ignoring the rapid growth of the sport. That's all.
    I really am sorry my conversation with Mert escalated into the heated debate it turned into. He seems like a good guy in nearly every one of his posts on the different threads, so I meant no personal offense. But, just as he feels strongly that MMA shouldn't receive national coverage just yet, I feel it shouldn't be ignored. And, let me state one last time. I don't think it deserves to be front page, display, above the fold, unless there's some big local angle ... all I'm saying is when there's an event, it should have some presence in the newspaper. That's all.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He's a ftard, though.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Surprisingly enough, DyePack is the board's biggest attention whore. It's just the least visible of his flaws.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yet you're still a ftard.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

DP's BS detector has shown to be pretty accurate.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Does it ever depress you, perhaps while writing another shitty short story, that you actually spend time out of your day doing this? Being this character on a message board? Being the voice of, well, whatever it is you're the voice of? Honestly. This isn't a flame. I'm actually asking you if, at any point, you realize just how ridiculous it is that you spend so much time, and are so committed, to being the SportsJournalists.com message board's resident asshole/contrarian/whatever it is you're aspiring to be? Because frankly, it bums be out to think that someone puts that much effort into such a useless endeavor.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It must, as you likely put little to no effort into being a ftard.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, actually, I think he has a pretty good point there, could be addressed with a little more than a single throwaway line.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

shot, might as well let him amuse himself. He clearly has no interest in being an adult.

11. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Here's a partial list of papers that covered UFC this weekend:

LA Times
    New York Times
    Washington Post
    Boston Globe
    Houston Chronicle
    Baltimore Sun
    Toronto Sun
    Miami Herald
    St. Petersberg Times
    Orange County Register
    Las Vegas Review-Journal

That's a mighty big "niche".

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

When I did my TV study this fall, tons of people were ordering this crap.

Likely they are ftards who shouldn't be spending their money on this crap. But it was popular nonetheless.

Draft saved Draft deleted