1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED: Attacker at Ohio State University killed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Nov 28, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No, it's that you apparently don't have the balls to directly go after the people you think are incompetent.

But I digress. It's almost 11 am Central. Time to get your fresh talking points on morality from the pill popping sex tourist on your radio.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

More

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So he was worried about praying in public because he didn't want people to think he was a violent Muslim?
    Because if they thought he was a violent Muslim it would hamper his ability to successfully carry out violent attacks on non-Muslims?
    Violent attacks on non-Mulsim Americans in Ohio because he was justifiably upset about the killing of Muslims in Burma?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No. The problem is you refuse to listen to seasoned media professionals when they tell you why you're wrong.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Seasoned media professionals like to blame everyone but seasoned media professionals when professional standards go in the tank.

We are not stenographers. Until it is inconvenient not to be or waiting an hour might cost us Twitter followers

QYFW likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The real problems are that you don't know what you are talking about, you refuse to listen to people who know better than you, you are hypocritical in your treatment of media and your criticisms are often unfounded and based in ignorance.

There are non-journalists who come here and make a wonderful contribution to the discussion. Most of the time, you don't. The hypocrisy is the largest issue. You want to play media watchdog, but you will post articles that are everything you complain about as long as they support a point you like.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This terrible Cubs fan is right.

Can't drive the accountability bandwagon if you keep making wrong turns and getting lost.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How's Canada?

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Ideally, the reporting and editing processes would not take place in front of the world in real time, if they even exist at all.

"We" could both document breaking news in the moment and contextualize it later, when the full picture emerges.

Or, "we" could be the people who report nothing until the entire story is known.

Let me know which one works best in 2016.

SnarkShark and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. RickStain

Well, let's see. Journalism is almost dead, news has become so fractured that there is no coherent voice on the record, and most of the country distrusts most reporters.

So I would say this way is definitely not working the best

11. RickStain

Cold I imagine. It is 50 here in SoCal and I'm shivering. Fucking acclimation

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The arrogance-to-justification ratio of journalists is off the charts. As long as that is the case, the Yankee Fans of the world will be provided with plenty of ammo on a daily basis. Don't want an outsider complaining about how you're doing a shitty job? Defending that shitty job isn't the answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted