1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Updated) Chris Henry dies after fall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Public School, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Watching this, one could easily form the impression that Henry was making strides. Sad to hear him talk about his kids.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Am I missing something? Where's the story?

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=NEWS

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I noticed that too. It's not on the main page, but is in sports. Weird.

4. This kind of stuff just seems to trail the NFL lately. Sean Taylor. Darrent Williams. I guess Taylor isn't in the same category because it was a random break-in, but still ...

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

RIP. Way too young to die.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Actually probably 3,406. Fifty other teams would have traded him to unwitting owners...

The randomness of life thing is that if he hadn't broken his arm, he wouldn't have been in Charlotte yesterday, and he'd still be alive today.

Now, with his track record, maybe this type of end was going to happen sooner than later, but that broken arm led to him not being here today.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Broken arm definitely was a factor in not being able to hold on.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How does this effect the line on the Bengals-Chargers game?

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Check out ESPN.com's story on Henry's death, and the embedded video with Adam Schefter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

He may be saddened by Henry's death, but not enough to prevent him from shilling his book by having it facing the camera over his right shoulder (left on camera). Every other book, the spine is facing the camera (I see Great American Sports Writing, for one) but Schefter's book is the only one where the cover is facing front in all its glory.

Should I be surprised?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Horrible news.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Espn plugged the ESPN Mobile phone when discussing Kirby Puckett's death.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Based on his fiance's most recent facebook post it sounds like they were ready to tie the knot:

"Jus put deposIt down 4 weDDing piCs... Paid 4 ouR riNgs... Bout 2 eaT wiT my maN n bay bayz.... Startin 2 geT a headache thinKing bouT dis weddin.. I need A cuP."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.