1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Updated) Chris Henry dies after fall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Public School, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

ESPN tried to make Sean Taylor out to be a saint? The media basically said it inevitable because of his past and in reality he was killed during a B&E.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's the way I remember it. I was covering the NFL at the time and some of the tributes almost seemed to be Tillmanesque.

I remember being at a game and a fellow writer turned to me during a moment of silence and said, "Wasn't this guy supposed to be a colossal thug?"

That's not to say either deserved to die. I just hope the coverage is "Wow, it's tragic to lose someone so you and so unexpectedly." and leave it at that.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sean Taylor died defending his girlfriend and baby from an intruder. Chris Henry apparently jumped on a truck while chasing after his girlfriend during a "dispute." It's a little different. One was more deserving of a tribute. Both are tragic.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think Sean Taylor "thug" stories were a bit over the top. Far from a saint but far from a thug. A couple of stupid and regrettable incidents that didn't do his rep any good, sure. I also heard through a number of people I know and trust that he had indeed turned things around. I never heard anyone call him a saint.

Didn't know Henry, don't really know anything about him. I do know I saw him play in college and he was one serious talent.

6. I will. Fuck Chris Henry. Who's really surprised this is how he goes out? Who cares if he's "turned his life around?" Convicted murderers and rapists turn their lives around all the time. He really hasn't turned it around that much if a horrible decision, the last and final of many years of horrible decisions, not only cashes him in but leaves his "bay bayz" without a father.

Fuck him. I hope he rots in hell.

7. Come on. The guy was 26 years old. I know I'm a far more responsible person now than I was when I was 26.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Remember when you said "who cares?" That was cool.

9. Did that include multiple gun and aggravated assault charges? Not like he got busted with dope a couple times.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Aggravated assault means that someone was aggravating him. I got no problem with that.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Dear lord, now 26 isn't old enough to be a reasonably responsible human being? How far to do up do we have to set the bar?

12. Isn't there a big continuum between "Not Likely to Be Elected United States Senator Some Day" and "Worthless Now, Worthless in the Future, Deserves to Die at Age 26."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.