1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated: Help me on my trip to Philly...(page 3)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I have never heard anyone order a cheese steak with sauce in Philly. Anyone who says that automatically has "tourist" written on their forehead.
    Moddy, the food at CPB is very good. Much better than what you get at most ball parks in the country and definitely much better than what the old Vet used to serve.
    For her sake, I hope she's not wearing anything that says she's a Dodgers' fan.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You're right about not saying "with sauce". I attribute my fail to the combination of posting about food on Yom Kippur and stupefaction at the idea of someone leaving a steak shop alive after asking for ketchup. The correct term is "pizza steak".

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Ketchup is evil.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I love it. But I really don't know what's the proper spelling - Ketchup or Catsup. It's correct either way.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Nobody, and I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hot dog any more.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Slappy, that is THE ONLY WAY I want mine. I've never been a big mustard fan.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good for you.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, so I made it there, got off at Broad and Pattison and walked to Chickie's and Pete's. I had a Philly dinner (cheesesteak plain, crabfries and a couple Yuenglings on draft). It was good, but they didn't use cheese Whiz and so it tasted no different than the cheesesteaks I've had here. Boo.

Headed over to the park and waited for them to open the gates, did some shopping for gear for friends, and made it to my seat. One beer at the park (some wheat beer, but I can't remember what it was) and a bottle of soda later.

Hauled ass after the game (train was leaving 30th Street at 12:13 and I left the park when it ended at 11). Got home about 30 minutes late, then hit traffic. Got here around 6 a.m. But I thank all the people on this thread whose advice I saw before I left, plus two people who helped me via PM. It is all much appreciated.

Plus, you guys were less creepy than Manuel, the guy who helped me figure out how to get from the Market-Frankford line stop at City Hall over to the Amtrak. Yowsa.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Glad you had a nice time but there really wasn't much to figure out. You walk up the steps from the El at 30th Street and you're there.
    The next time you order a cheese steak , you order it with provolone cheese, not cheese wiz.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A.) reading comprehension isn't your friend. I said they didn't serve it with cheese whiz.

B.) I never had to go outside the first time. I went from 30th Street over to the Septa part and boarded the train. Then from the Septa stop at Suburban Station I used an underground walkway to get to the Broad Street line. On the way back, the Septa train wasn't running until after my Amtrak train was leaving. So I had to take the subway back over. So I was coming up from a different part. And so thanks for your concern. I got there.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, but did you abduct Ryan Howard? :D

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

You can really be such a xxxxxx. Forget it, you're not worthy of being called anything but imjustagirl.
    All I did was say that the next time you order one was to order one with provolone. If you went to Chickie and Pete's, I KNOW they don't do cheese wiz. Incidentally, you went to the ultimate tourist trap but I would expect nothing less from you because you don't know the city.
    As for the Septa thing with the El, you made it sound so complicated when it isn't.
    I hope you can truly comprehend my intentions of being very kind to someone who writes with a lot issues over the simplest things.
    Glad you made it home. Peace.

Draft saved Draft deleted