1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Credit Karma. The ads were pretty funny at the start, but they've got one now with a chick who has her score tattooed on her arm and has to "update her ink" when she finds out her score had changed.

So stupid.

2. NNDman

NNDman Active Member

the one about the expensive razor blades. A channel changer each time it appears

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And worse, she clearly can't rap.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The new Eggo Waffle commercial where the people apparently have to use their phones to claim ownership of the waffle in the toaster when they can't seem to understand 1) whoever put it in there gets to eat it 2) you buy waffles by the box not by the waffle, so you assholes have others and 3) put down your goddamned phones for a second and enjoy a good family breakfast. You don't need to text, email or call someone who is two feet in front of you! Good God, people! Make enough for everyone first, then serve. It isn't fucking rocket science. Too busy for a family breakfast? Then make your own goddamned waffle and stop fighting over the one that is clearly not yours.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Just saw that for the first time today. Pretty damn stupid.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Surface Pro 3 commercial. What the hell does "mega chay cha la la" have to do with selling a tablet? I want to wretch every time I hear that music.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

American Signature Furniture. "It's a chase" ... "Chaaaaaaaaaise" ... "Chase ... "Chaaaaaaaaise" and this goes on for about 10 minutes. Gah!

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

The H&R Block ad with the older guy (H. Block? R. Block? I can't tell them apart) whispering "Sarah" at the screen while flipping through a stack of cash. That's just getting creepy.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

QUIT YELLING AT ME TAX REFUND GUY!!!!!

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And now we have "Peaked in High School" Rob Lowe? How many of those damn things are they going to make?

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, they haven't used "Boinked a teenager Rob Lowe" yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted