1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

*resisting urge to post pictures....*

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You hush your mouth!

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Auto insurance is a hefty bill once or twice a year, and nobody likes going through the process, so I'd rather have a company use commercials to offer real information instead of getting cute by throwing us a talking lizard and a talking pig.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The new KFC spots with Darrell Hammond have to be the most disrespectful thing I've seen in a while. They turned the colonel into a cartoon character why exactly?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

At my Marketing Department meeting last week, we went over the new website and the three spots from KFC...and no one in the room -- from age 22 to 61 -- could understand WTF Kentucky Fried Chicken was trying to accomplish.

Odd and ineffective were the two words most used to describe what we were watching.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, have Hammond pose as his son or something...but yeah really bad. If you remember the Col. it offends you and if you don't remember him you wouldn't really think someone who came across the way he did in that ad is trustworthy.
    But you know, I figure most ads now are created by people younger than me. Different generations have different sensibilities.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Colonel comes off as quite a douche in the new ad series.

A late uncle of mine did some corporate law for KFC, Inc. in the 60s and 70s. During this period he met the original Col. Sanders several times as his involvement with the company went from celebrity spokesman with some residual decision making authority, to ceremonial figurehead ultimately to disgruntled ex-owner.

Unc reported his dealings with the Colonel, he started out as an amusingly grouchy old man, became essentially an aggravating pain in the ass. Oh, and a flaming racist too.

Unc was not exactly the most enlightened guy in racial matters himself, but he said the Colonel basically carried on a momstop monologue of the n-word.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

A racist AND stomps moms? What a bastard.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No such thing as bad publicity.

Tons of KFC customers hate the new TV ad - Business Insider

"So far the response has been about 80% positive, 20% hate it," Creed said at a conference in New York on Wednesday, according to industry journal Food Business News. "And I am actually quite happy that 20% hate it, because now they at least have an opinion. They’re actually talking about KFC, and you can market to love and hate; you cannot market to indifference."

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

McDonalds must really be suffering among millennials if they are putting out such a POS campaign with that damn burger.

Draft saved Draft deleted