1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Wow, and after four years on this board I get my second star. How about that?

2. Grohl

Grohl Guest

I also hate hearing the ad for Flomax, the drug that treats "male urinary symptoms due to BPH. If you're experiencing symptoms such as going often, going urgently, weak stream and frequently waking up at night to go, you could have BPH (also known as enlarged prostate)."

The ad also tells us, helpfully, that "common side effects of Flomax are runny nose, dizziness and decrease in semen."

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're flummoxed by Flomax.

4. ARD

ARD Member

TomTom. Apparently the product is made for people too stupid to tell the difference between a small electronic device and a human being.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

To quote Jack from Sideways:

"Consult your doctor before using this product. Side effects may include oily discharge, hives, loss of appetite, low blood pressure. If you have diabetes or a history of kidney trouble, you're dead, asshole!"

:D ;D :D

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

The worst commercial contest ends with four words:

Rewarding. Very, very rewarding.

Everything about those commercials annoys me, from the gay Russian and his dancing man-whore sex slave, to his accent, to the fact that of all the ways this company could promote a credit card, somebody thought this was the best. If I had one of those credit cards, i'd cancel it simply on the basis of these commercials.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

The guy who can't speak English is the one I hate most (and you just beat me to it) I was very very very surprised it didn't get a mention higher up.

It's one of the most annoying commericals I've seen.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

"Now is the time! This is the place! Now is the time -- it was worth the wait! Now is the time! Now is the ti-i-ime!"

If you're from New England, this awful jingle has certainly replaced Mellencamp as the bane of your TV existence. They play it about 27 times per half-hour. I'll never buy a Toyota. And the Edie Brickell wannabe singer needs to book a gig in Tora Bora.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Valtrex.

"Sure I have herpes. But it's such a drag having to remember to take my medicine on a regular basis. Never mind that my irresponsibility is the reason I got herpes in the first place. I need my medicine to conform to my ADD-riddled lifestyle and consequences be damned."

Valtrex: Because why should getting an STD make you have to evaluate the way you live your life.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

What are these commercials of which you speak? Through DVR and the mute button, I hear or see very few of them.

11. casty33

casty33 Active Member

It is difficult for me to believe that a number of people on board here enjoy the Geico commercials. Call me weird but I happen to think they are awful.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

For whatever reason the one a few months back that featured Mr. Opportunity in a blooper reel really stuck in my craw.

Draft saved Draft deleted