1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

On the topic of Travis Kelce, the DirecTV commercial where (I think) he pulls apart some dude's tailgate tent and TV and the dude just goes "oh!" like he saw something innocuous?

Fuck that. Someone does that to my shit and it's going to go a bit north of "oh!"

2. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

John Travolta dressed as Santa in a Capital One ad with him paying tribute to his "Saturday Night Fever" fame.

And whom do they stunt cast in the ad? Why, it's Donna Pescow, featured as Annette in the film!

Nostalgia! There is nothing like re-living those warm memories of her character getting treated like shit the whole movie, getting dropped by Tony as dance partner, throwing herself in vain at Tony, getting drunk and raped in the backseat of his car by his friends, after which, Tony calls her a c-unt.

[​IMG]

Webster, Neutral Corner and TigerVols like this.
  3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The Allstate ad - "There's a podcast for that." Somebody should tell that guy to shut the hell up - no one else cares.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Two words: THE CHOOKIE!

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There’s a Verizon radio spot with singers going on about a new phone to the tune of Carol of the Bells. It makes me very violent every time I hear it.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

?

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That commercial hits too close to home. It me.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Now Lincoln has this hands free driving option.
    You’re sitting behind the steering wheel of a $100,000 vehicle.
    Could it be too much to ask to gently place your hands on the steering wheel, and drive the cocksucking vehicle like a normal human is supposed to?
    Just when I thought the GMC “we will rock you” couldn’t anger me anymore, now this garbage.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Lately, here in Ohio watching shows on Paramount+, and getting INUNDATED by the same commercial for a car dealership.

IN MASSACHUSETTS. Fuck you, P+ and Central44.com.

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Hermes - sorry about that.

I guess what hit a nerve for me is that a co-worker in the next cubicle listens to podcasts all day, every day, when he's at his desk. It'll be quiet and he'll just start laughing out loud for a reason none of us know. And, when I have to get his attention for something, I first say something in a normal voice, and when he doesn't respond, I have to get up, go to his cubicle and knock on the Plexiglas. If he still doesn't respond, then I have to say his name in a loud voice in an otherwise quiet office. Annoying.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Visit the Nerf aisle at your local Target store for a solution to that.

PaperDoll and dixiehack like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

No need to apologize. My wife lets me know how annoying I am about that.

I work on an assembly line and listen for 10 hours a day. Audiobooks and podcasts are my company. When that happens, the people you listen to become outsized characters in your life.

Draft saved Draft deleted