1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Explains that Ira Glass restraining order.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're an outsized character in my life thanks to this joint.

dixiehack and FileNotFound like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't do many audiobooks, but I do know of a couple. Andy Weir (The Martian) has a book called Project Hail Mary. Sorta similar SF to The Martian (I'll science the hell out of it) but different. The narrator is excellent, and for plot reasons it's fabulous as an audiobook. Also Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden books, narrated by James Marsters. Really good urban fantasy and again, an excellent audio version.

For what it's worth.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Volkswagen commercial where the little girl is laughing every time the father plays the “jitterbug” lyric from “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” might cause me to go on a multi-state killing spree.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the only music-based commercial I hate more is the Claritin one that runs year round with the "most wonderful time of the year" Christmas music.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I previously ranked “Careless Whisper” as the worst Wham/George Michael song of all time (and there is plenty of competition), but that Volkswagen commercial is vaulting “Wake Me Up …” toward the top of the list.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get ragey in general when commercials take Christmas songs and make product-specific parodies. They aren't original. They aren't clever. They aren't funny. They just suck.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It was mentioned upthread, but Saturday Night Santa with Travolta was cool the first two times I saw it, now it's just annoying.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jennifer Garner may be the most genuine, well-adjusted celebrity on the board. But I still don’t need to hear about the Capital One card four times an hour from her.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How about 12 times an hour, once the NCAA Tournament begins?

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Creating an ad campaign starring your corporate mascot annoying your customers is an odd choice for sure but you do you, B-dubs.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The one with Scott Van Pelt and that man child he has been carrying professionally for the lat 15 years. The two of them aren't as clever as they think.

Draft saved Draft deleted