1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

The superstitious dude who slaps the popcorn out some other dude’s hand in whatever March Madness commercial it is is overdue an ass-whooping.

And, frankly, so are all his meek friends who ought to be delivering said ass-whooping.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Yeah, that guy is just begging to be punched in the throat.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There’s a Nissan ad on the free version of Spotify with a premise so flawed it makes me almost violently angry.

The guy is apparently leading a band or orchestra of some sort and keeps counting them in by saying “A one, two, a one, two, thrill.”

Questioned about this, he sheepishly says he cannot help himself because he finds the two cars he bought for his fleet at the “store” (what happened to the band?) so thrilling.

In what universe is a business owner buying fleet vehicles based on how “thrilling” they are? The very last thing I want is my employees tempted to take a thrilling ride.

And to really drive home the fuck you point, it often plays back to back. I’m going to pull a muscle from reaching so fast to mute my phone speaker.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can someone please translate for this old white guy what the hell they are saying or singing in the wing stop spot during the NBA playoffs?

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The one where they’re playing Jenga?

6. TigerVols

That’s the one

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think they’re saying “No flex zone” basically you’re not bragging here

8. TigerVols

Good to know. Now’ll I’ll go back to practicing gratitude and manifesting abundance.
    IYKYK

swingline likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted