1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hey, I like the e-Harmony with the Steelers fan and the Browns fan. Of course, that's mostly because I'm a Steelers fan and I get a kick out of watching the Browns fan get tortured. :)

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Com- Commer- Commershells? Commercials? Oh, those advertisements things on TV. That's right, I forgot from not having cable for two years because I can't afford it and still pay my ridiculous car insurance. Never speed. The stateys get angry.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I just saw that commercial a few minutes ago. Our photog (you know hippy, F_H) and I were like "didn't we just get done with the fucking election? what the hell was that about?"

I, unlike many of you, love the Geico Caveman commercials. I don't see why people hate them.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I've seen it a hundred times, and I still don't understand that sleep aid commercial with Abe Lincoln and the beaver playing chess in the guy's kitchen. But it beats virtually any holiday commercial.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The concept is, this guy has some weird recurring characters in his dreams. But he's not going into sleep deep enough to dream. So they want him to take the medicine.

6. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

C'mon, nobody found it funny when he said, "For speed enhancement, I wear striped pants." That still makes me chuckle.

7. I dislike anything from McDonald's. It's grossy and stinky and yucky. So that's the commercial I hate most.

Of course, I love McDonald's billboard ads from the world cup. Me Encanta!

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

casty, you know I love you.

But Geico caveman commercials rule.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock!" *shakes head*

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

We've got these TV commercials in SoCal for this legalized loan shark called "Cash Call" that are annoying on every front imaginable. First, they had Gary Coleman shilling for them. Then, they brought in this guy who looks like Fat Tony Salerno saying how you can get $10,000 for only $200 a month with no collateral... "just on the basis of trusting you." Now, they've got this ditzy woman on their saying the same thing. I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

Plus -- because of the insane real estate market and the refinancing craze -- we're inundated with commercials on local TV for refi companies. On the radio, they WON'T. SHUT. UP.

10. I hated those commercials when I first moved to the region. But considering they only last 15 seconds and have no annoying music, there are far worse offenders. I'll take people shouting for a short period of time over music that gets stuck in my head.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

After yesterday's football extravaganza, the Dr. Pepper "Turning 23" commercials are now bugging the hell out of me.

They seemed to be on in Every. Single. Break.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

those annoy the shit out of me, too.

i also have started to despise the ellen/american express commercials. how the fuck does she get a talk show produced if her entire staff consists of animals who can't talk? stupid, stupid, stupid. and would she really take mint that an emu was holding in its mouth? i know i wouldn't. and why are her network's executives depicted as penguins? dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted