1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They're on less often than This Is My Country. :p

And speaking of those Dr. Pepper ads, couldn't they have picked a song that's not originally about kittencide? :D

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

THERE IS NO PERIOD IN DR PEPPER.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

well there should be

4. Surprised it took 'til late in page 2 to get to the Dr. Pepper commercials. Every time I hear "the score is tied 23-23 in the 23rd quarter!" I think to myself "that sounds like the worst game ever," without even knowing what sport it is.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

As soon as I saw 2MCM's post, I knew IJAG's would shortly follow. :D

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think it was the frequency yesterday that pushed me over the edge. They were as ubiquitous to the college football games, especially on ABC, yesterday as the My Country ads were during the baseball playoffs.

Granted, My Country is a lot worse, but the frequency of the Dr Pepper spots yesterday just wore me down.

(Happy IJAG?)

7. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

If you live in SoCal, you know this mattress commercial that makes me want to throw small children off a balcony:

"YOU'RE KILLING ME LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

UGHGHGHH

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Thanks, GB-Hack. :D

And I did it because 2mcm is my friend, so I could. I called him yesterday for advice, and he was of no help. So he deserved it. :)

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Up here those stupid commercials with the beavers (for Bell I think) are heinous and the Cash Man, Russell Oliver, should be sent to Gitmo.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I love the Geico commercials, with the exception of the ones with the gekko on the talk show. Those are stupid as hell.

But the others rock.

11. I love to Geico commercials because they're so dumb, but hilarious.

I dislike:
    1. Man Law
    2. Guiness. Brilliant!
    3. The PhilipMorris commercials that refer you to their "Don't Smoke" websites, which anyone with a brain realizes is catered to rebellious kids who want to do something because the commercial tells you not to.

12. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

1. Anything with the King .... *Shudders* So creepy.

2. Star Trek DirecTV commercial that was ON EVERY SINGLE BREAK during the baseball playoffs.

Draft saved Draft deleted