1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer: He gone ... sort of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Re: Urban Meyer: He gone

It doesn't really get worded much better than that.

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I'm going with the theory that there's something else forcing him from the job and the health thing is a ruse. I have no evidence, of course, and freely admit it's total speculation. It's just that's the sort of thing I've come to expect from public figures in this day and age.

In this case, I hope I'm right, because banging cheerleaders is better than having heart attacks.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If he gets any crap for "quitting" on his team, those dishing it out should be given a swift kick in the nuts.

There are more important things in life than winning football games.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Inarguable among the sane [/simoncowbell]

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He just needs to state that specific health issue when he addresses the media.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He doesn't need to state jack shit. No matter what he says, someone is gonna call him a liar, as this thread proves, so why should he bother?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't forget "Blight".

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He needs to answer a direct question honestly.

If he had a heart attack, then only complete assholes would question his decision.

If it is a tired and needs a break from stress response, then he has some balls telling the out of work or the working poor that his life has stress and he is walking away.

9. dooley_womack1

He said he had a heart attack. You calling Pete Thamel a liar?

And in any event, I doubt Urban Meyer staying on the job makes the unemployed any happier.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What in blazes are you on about? I mean, seriously, he can't work away from his job on account of the out of work or the working poor?

There are no words to sum up how absolutely stupid this is.

11. dooley_womack1

For the sake of the feelings of the unemployed, I am not walking away from my job.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

93D, you have posted some stupid shit on this board. Often, really. And you know I owe you big for all the help you've given me.

But Jesus Christ. Walk away. Right now. Please. For your own good, and for the brain cells I have left that you haven't killed.

Draft saved Draft deleted