1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer: He gone ... sort of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Didn't you get the memo? The press conference was stress induced.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Which leads the conclusion that Urban Meyer is the biggest drama queen since Fred Sanford had the Big One every episode.

3. AD

AD Active Member

yup. meyer's been a self-dramatizing clown since bowling green. every day, every press conference, the guy gives hyper-colorful quotes and makes sure everyone knows it's always about him.

not.

this was a once-in-a-career blip. say what you want about meyer, but "drama queen" might be the last term anyone who's covered him would use.

4. Urban Meyer's antics notwithstanding, the idea that rich people don't have stress, which is also prevalent on the Mark McGwire thread, is fucking asinine.

5. AD

AD Active Member

money solves nothing, not internally. it gives you time and space, but it's amazing how quickly we, as a breed, take those things for granted.

in fact, for most people who grew up poor and got rich, the biggest problem comes from failing to understand the weirdest fact about money: when you don't have it, it's the central fact of your existence: trying to manage, live, eat, stay warm. you think about it -- your lack of it -- constantly. but the instant you do have money, it loses that essential centrality, becomes just numbers in a checkbook; it becomes just a tool that makes ones life easier, but isn't something that guides your days. the resulting lift never matches the previous drag, and it leaves most people puzzled: if i was so unhappy before when i didn't have money, why aren't i happy now that i do?

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I think Urbey might have a little homemade stress in his domestic life after disobeying his wife's wishes.

This isn't coal mining. Urb's not going to get the Black Lung anytime soon from burning the midnight oil.

7. Tell that to Skip Prosser's family.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Guy had a massive heart attack nearing the autumn of life. Tragic, sad, sucks, but it unfortunately happens to 56-year-old men.

9. I seriously can't believe that we're arguing that high-profile coaches don't have stress because they make a lot of money. That's absolutely absurd.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would agree with Waylon. And Meyer should have taken that lower-stress job at Notre Dame. ;)

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Is it not possible that Urban Meyer can simultaneously have a stressful job and be a deceiving sack of shit?

12. YES!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted