1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WANTED: Drinking Partners.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Yeah, yesterday I put in a ton of hours there, straight from the airport, and the afternoon is pretty dead. A real lull between, say, two and four; there was maybe four or five of us in the bar. I just decided that was time better spent napping today so that I could push hard till close.

At my advanced age, it's all about keeping pace.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jones, are you power drinking or easy drinking during this assignment?

Power drinking usually involves Irish car bombs, Jaegermeister and Red Bull and other shots. Easy drinking is just what is sounds like, leisurely sipping a beer as time goes by.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Inky, I'm probably going to easy-drink until I have partners. I've just had beer so far, and mostly with food. The speciality of this place is the jumbo martini... Two bucks extra, and they double the size of the glass. A few of those tonight, and the only powerful thing I'll be doing is power-vomiting.

Tomorrow night will be pretty run-and-gun, too, I suspect.

Also, Toronto will be all about the power drinking. Game ends at 10, say, and last call is two. That leaves four hours to put Ragu in the hospital. Belfast Car Bombs and Dr. Peppers, coming up.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, thanks for that. next you'll start reporting each trip to the urinal. ::)

5. Maple Sugar

Maple Sugar Member

Are these lyrics from an Elton John song?
    If not, I fear for you (and "Joe").

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

All right, kids. Headed back to the bar. Will hopefully post tonight after two o'clock. If not, I'm dead, joe's dead, and the best bar in America is now a morgue.

Viva Elton John!

And leo, the urinal is a double-wide trough. Nice and familiar, like.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

Back. Fucked. So much polka. Joe more fucked. Many nice people. Joe danced with an older woman named Jenny. A good time had by all.

Nighty night. Need sleep. Might vomit.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How about some lovely Spam and yogurt? Or maybe some anchovies and milk? Remember to sleep face down, Jonesy. Not only does it prevent you from going out like one of Spinal Tap's many drummers, it also gives Joe easier access. :D

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm pretty sure Joe's not that kind of guy. I hope he's sleeping in Jenny's room tonight. I'm sure he got her number. I think we ALL have her number, and I don't even think I have to repeat it here. But I'm sure somebody will.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

867-5309. Jenny's a helluva broad.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Damn. That took about 90 seconds. Good work, Doc. ;D

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Eh, I do what I can. Now I'm off to find a reason to post that giant Snakes on a Plane ad.

Draft saved Draft deleted