1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 College Football Thread: Seven Years of College Station Down the Drain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2024.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Even bammer fans can't manage to be pissed off after this game. aTm fans, otoh...

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

How did New Mexico lose last week? Their QB just had a great option fake on a TD run that left two Wildcats grasping for air, and the Lobos lead 24-17 at Arizona.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2024
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Southern Miss and Kentucky are vying to steal Hawaii's thunder as the midnight special. It started about 2 1/2 hours late because of a lightning delay, and now they're in another one with Kentucky leading 31-0 early in the third quarter.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The New Mexico quarterback is fun to watch.

I'm waiting for either team to play defense.Arizona was an almost 30 point favorite and they are going to blow through the O/U.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They have been known to air MyPillow ads.

Hermes likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I view the press conference as Thursday at the us open. You can’t win the title then, but you can lose it. Or at least leave a mark that may be costly later.

7. justgladtobehere

New Mexico -Arizona could hit 100.

8. justgladtobehere

If I was betting this game, I would be going bonkers.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Already has Auburn’s scalp on the wall from last November.

In a lot of ways this was a downer of a day for me. About mid afternoon the skies opened up and there was nowhere for me to go as cars kept coming. So there I stood, like Lt. Dan on the bow of the Jenny. I brought an extra shirt, hat and pair of socks to change into. But my shorts were so waterlogged that it almost instantly drenched shirt No. 2. And my shoes were so soaked that I did not even bother with the other socks. Just peeled off the soaked ones and raw dogged across campus.

I love college football so damn much and opening Saturday is like a high holy day. So being essentially blacked out for 4-5 hours sucked.

But I love my daughter more. And after a childhood where I didn’t even bother asking to do most of the things I wanted to try because I knew the money wasn’t there, I want her to enjoy this ride for as long as we can keep it up.

So anyway, we probably should set up a fund to give TJ Finley counseling for life after he lost to Bama with his third different school. I couldn’t tell you how good we are on offense because the Toppers had so many ridiculous busts that turned into lightning fast scores. But it feels promising.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2024
    tapintoamerica, Alma and maumann like this.
  10. justgladtobehere

ND won. It would be a great weekend if BC gets absolutely trucked by FSU.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I did, and I am.
    Had Arizona -31 and they keep going up 24 and then giving up another touchdown.
    At least I might be finding one of my sneaky-tough teams early, with New Mexico. They're not great, but can score some points and will get some big lines. Those teams don't normally emerge until October. Too bad they're on a bye next week.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted