1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 College Football Thread: Seven Years of College Station Down the Drain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2024.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Bail isn't punishment, it's used to ensure a defendant shows up in court. $5,000 is probably a big deal for him or his family.

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And if my situation was any indication, the bail bondsman will know before your lawyer when you need to be in court.

They don't want to be stuck if you skip bail.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Comcast blacks out the BTN in Oregon/Washington. Both Ducks and UW opening-game mismatches will be blacked out locally unless they reach an agreement.

Yes, I'm small and petty, but I'm laughing because a lack if linear exposure was one of the reasons UW and UO used to jump to the Big Ten. And some of their games that would have appeared on regular TV in the past have been shunted off to Peacock, and they're playing two games each on Friday night.

I get the BTN as part of my package and have watched it for years. Not sure if the Big Ten is trying to squeeze more money out of Comcast for the now-:local" content or what.

Big Ten Network blacked out on Comcast/Xfinity for Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA games - oregonlive.com

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Those four schools are also blacked out by CommunistCast in non-legacy Big Ten markets. So if you are in, say, Montana but still follow the Huskies, tough luck to you.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Lest we forget, tomorrow marks the debut of truTV's football package with ... Sacramento State at San Jose State. Followed on Saturday with TAMU-Commerce at San Diego State.

maumann likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I have had Cox for a few years since the Angels and Ducks went with Bally's (now, the Ducks are leaving Bally's). I went to check out the Guide last night to find out what channel the Big Ten Network is on. That's because I noticed earlier in the day that USC's second game -- against Utah State -- is on BTN. It's Channel 318, but it didn't list any other sub-channels. Are the bulk of the Big Ten games scheduled for the same starting time every Saturday, maybe four or five of them? I thought that was the case over the past few years. In this case, it doesn't matter because USC-Utah State starts at 8 p.m. PDT. Probably won't have many Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers fans viewing this one.
    I had a problem a few years ago when I had DirecTV and it didn't have the Pac-12 Network (a major part of P12N's failure). When I couldn't get USC, Angels and Ducks, bye bye DirecTV. The pricing made it easy to dump.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At least on YouTube TV, they show the overflow channels but you may not see them if you have customized your channel guide. So try looking in the unedited version if you don’t see a game you want.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This weekend is weird because there are many Friday games, but next Saturday, B1G games are at:

Noon (Fox, BTN, BTN, Peacock)
    3:30 p.m. (CBS, BTN, BTN, FS1)
    7 p.m. (FS1)
    7:30 p.m. (NBC, BTN)
    10 p.m. (Peacock)
    11 p.m. (BTN)

With two Friday games.

The next week:

Noon (Fox, BTN, Peacock)
    3:30 p.m. (CBS, Fox, BTN, BTN, Peacock)
    4 p.m. (FS1)
    7:30 p.m. (NBC, BTN, BTN)
    8 p.m. (ACCN)

ChrisLong likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

Former MAC, WAC and Sun Belt commissioner Karl Benson was on Rick Neuheisel's radio show the other day. He was excellent.

If what he said was true regarding the P4's attitude toward the G5 when it came to CFP disbursements and the payment plan for the House case, the G5 has no chance. As Rick said, the SEC and Big Ten say "jump,", and everyone else just ask's 'How high?"

I know the G5 schools have no leverage, but they need to start creating some, like demanding a $2 million guarantee per game, or we don't play. There is no way any P4 team wants to play 12 games against other P4 teams.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Or just break away from the P4 and do their own thing, including playoffs.

11. micropolitan guy

I'd be OK with that.

MileHigh likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why would Netflix do a documentary on that kind of horseshit lie?

Draft saved Draft deleted