1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 college football thread: Everybody Do the Michigan Rag

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 3, 2024.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Probably not the dealership looking at the time. I’d bet the insurance company they used is the one driving that train.

I Should Coco and Hermes like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The dealership is the entity with its name on the whole shebang. Cancel the insurance policy (and demand as much money back as you can.) Give the kid the car. Otherwise, you look like assholes.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

USC 48, Utah State 0 is the Trojans' first shutout since 50-0 against UCLA in 2011.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yep. I remember a local jewelry store doing some “Let It Snow” promotion where if it snowed so many inches or more on a specific date, shoppers would get a crazy good deal on expensive jewelry.

Sure enough, one year they got the amount on the specific date (this was in North Idaho). But before customers could cash in on the great deal, the store’s insurance company noted that the official weather measuring station was about 40 miles away from the jeweler’s, so the deal was off.

After much negative publicity and gripes from customers, the store owners decided to honor the deal anyway without the insurance payment. They had such a huge boost in business that it paid off for them.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No one outside of Romi likes Colorado. They're deplorable, and Shedur is as bad as his dad with being a whiny little bitch. Hope they go 0-12.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You'd think it was on Olympic gymnastics medal [/crossthread]

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Arkansas showed a little nad at Stillwater but couldn't close the deal. I think 3 TDs is fair.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I hate this

I don't think Shedur looks even that good. He is small.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I wasn’t going to say anything if you didn’t, but woof. Trent Dilfer is twice the fraud Deion Sanders is, just with better PR skills. Got dusted at La-Monroe, coached by the former UAB interim coach they didn’t retain to go chasing the Dilfer Powerball ticket.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You didn't see UAB at Louisiana Monroe.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He has won three games, and none on the road. Our AD tried to win the presser by playing smartest guy in the room. Dilfer talks a great game, but so far the results are lacking. I want to believe, but he basically hired high school coaches and P5 interns. He got embarrassed by the passed over interim HC and former OC he replaced. The worst was that the Warhawks played with passion and intensity and most of the UAB guys left it on the bus.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Unfortunately the worst they can do is 1-11, having already defeated NDSU by a slim margin. o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted