1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 college football thread: It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Madison World

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 9, 2024.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

With Texas dumping Michigan and Bama thumping Wisconsin, are Ohio State and Penn State, and I guess Oregon and SC, the only teams worth talking about in the Big 10?

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Iowa’s offense always worth talking about, in the can’t-look-away-from-a-train-wreck kind of way.

Hawkeyes still tied 0-0 with Troy in the second quarter. How bad is Illinois State’s defense?!?!

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My God, Arkansas may have an interim coach by sundown.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I Should Coco and dixiehack like this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Personally looking forward to 3-8 FSU battling 2-9 UF in the Sunshine Just Showup. (That actually requires both schools to beat somebody else before November, and in Florida's case, that's problematic.)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 6:13 PM
  6. dixiehack

0-2 Troy (and not a sharp 0-2 either) just took the lead right before half at Iowa.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't look like it from this pregame shot. On the camera shot late (I can't find the clip) it was even worse than this. That entire second level of seats was barren.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Montana lost its shutout today when Morehead State blocked an extra-point kick and ran it back.

It's 52-2.

9. dixiehack

10. dixiehack

Terrible terrible injury for UAB. Running back got his helmet ripped off on a face mask and then his head shoved into the turf.

CORRECTION: wideout on a jet sweep.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 5:51 PM
  11. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Cam Rising is out vs. Utah State and the Utes' path to a playoff bid may be done as well. Utah State leads 14-3. Rising is in his 7th season, at least two of which he missed for injuries. He was first-team Pac-12 in 2021 and seemed like a sure first-round pick.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

South Carolina playing for a 50-yard field goal when they still had a timeout, time for two plays, and had LSU back on its heels, was terrible game strategy. It's one thing when you wind up there and don't have any choice but to try it. When you run the ball to set it up, it's stupid. It drives me insane when coaches do that, especially with college kickers who are notoriously hit-or-miss from outside 45 yards.

sgreenwell and PCLoadLetter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted