1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 college football thread: It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Madison World

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 9, 2024.

1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Justin Wilcox came to Berkeley from Wisconsin. This is his kinda ball.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Napier
    Pittman
    Norvell

Florida State needs to understand that the talent exodus that hit the portal the moment the committee snubbed them from the playoff last year was going to be difficult at best to recoup.

And can the school's athletic department afford to pay legal fees, the fee the ACC will command to allow Florida State to leave AND Norvell's contract?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's Tony Dorsett - Legend of the ACC – to you.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

FSU also toting the note on stadium renovation. That’s a lot for even the most flush boosters to choke down at once.

I think Norvell gets one more year even if he limps home 4-8. Below that could make it impossible. And consider that FSU hasn’t even had a true road game yet.

Napier is done like dinner. There is no recruiting class shiny enough to keep the Bull Gators from calling for his head.

maumann likes this.
  5. dixiehack

Forgot this story from my halftime Walmart run:

One of the advertisers for the Bulldogs radio broadcast is a home improvement company called Georgia Metal.

“Come in and say ‘Roof! Roof! Roof! to get your discount.”

No words.

6. dixiehack

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I hate you so much.
    If only it was Arizona

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's not even like he has that to fall back on -- its current in the low 20s and how many are going to jump ship from a 3-9 mess

maumann likes this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

SD ST @ CAL
    Cal scores in 2nd to make it 14-3 Bears. Unsportsmanlike flag after play. Bears kick from 20.
    SD State runs reverse on kick. Gets fumbled.
    I tell you. This is the perfect degenerate gambler game after betting all day.
    He’s down $2,000. Wants to make it all back at one shot. Taking Cal -18.5 and the under (48.5)
    This has 20-10 and a blood-curdling push written all over it.

10. dixiehack

Cal has two 15 yard penalties after multiple warnings to the student section to stop throwing cards (from the halftime card stunt I think) onto the field. Wilcox leaned in to the ref’s microphone to tell them to stop. First time I’ve seen that in football since Sam Wyche.

franticscribe and Batman like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

dixiehack and PCLoadLetter like this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I can't remember which college basketball coach it was who took the PA mic and announced, "Please do not throw anything onto the court, regardless of how bad the officiating is."

Draft saved Draft deleted