1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6 college football thread: Calgorithm is Gonna Get You

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 30, 2024 at 9:37 AM.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Is confused by this reference:

[​IMG]

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

First, it was Grayson McCall ...

Then it was Wake Forest. NCSU was already reeling from those hammerings from Tennessee and Clemson.

McCall's frightening injury made what was already bad even worse.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

At least Ohio State’s first of many scoring drives took most of the first quarter.

I’ve been watching Iowa football for more than 30 years, and I don’t think they’ve ever been as overmatched as the Hawkeyes are today.

These are two different levels of college football meeting in Columbus today. If Iowa can keep OSU under 50 points it will be a solid effort.

Liut likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

The most Iowa offensive sequence ever: Fourth and a half yard at midfield. Punt team snaps to the personal protector, who bulls his way to a first down.

But wait. Whistles. Ferentz calls a time out just before the snap.

So they’re punting. And the Iowa punter shanks it, giving Ohio State the ball near their 30.

Liut likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nashville has often been referred to as the South Florida of Middle Tennessee.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Vandy returns an INT for a TD to take a 13-0 lead on visiting Alabama. No crowd shots. Presumably because there are no Vandy fans at their home game.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The students have an entire section down around the 5 yard line, thank you very much. (Correction: more like the 10-15.) Unfortunately for them, the VU band is at the bottom of the next section, which means a solid wall of crimson behind them and to their right.

8. I Should Coco

That’s similar to the scene in Evanston, at Northwestern’s li’l pop up stadium. Got to be 80% Indiana fans there.

Psst: Northwestern students … you attend a school with a football team!

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sign from Gameday: "The Adams-Onis Treaty was a mistake" omg

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a damn good Navy team. I don't know what they've done today, but going into this game they have scored at TD on 100% of their red zone possessions. They took the veer and added some spread principles and they play with discipline. They're for real.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Like everything else around the UAB football program, we can do anything we want as long as the fans and boosters pay to do it. AD Ingram is worth less than a dry cat turd.

12. Neutral Corner

Well, Army gets UAB next week, so they'll be one game closer.

Draft saved Draft deleted