1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone see any Octoberfest beers out there? Went looking for some and haven't seen any anywhere. Though I have seen a few Pumpkin spice ales and even a winter beer on the shelves. Looking forward to a long-awaited, years in the planning, pub crawl Saturday. 10 pubs - walking of course - Hope to finish in five hours with the only rule being you must consume at least a pints worth of beer at each location. I caught a break in that three of the places I was planning to hit are out of commission right now.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sam Adams and Hoffbrau have had theirs out for a little bit already. Both were at my Costco and local bottle shop.

3. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

A Wisconsin brewer, New Glarus, produces a very good Oktoberfest that's out now. Cleveland's Great Lakes is an excellent lager brewer (check out their Dortmunder Gold and Eliot Ness amber); I understand they produce a seasonal Oktoberfest as well. I haven't seen that one locally, and hope to.

Edit: I bought a six of Great Lakes Oktoberfest yesterday. An interesting beer in that it retained very little head and left no residue on the glass (lacing). The flavor profile is excellent, though. I'll pick up some more before the season runs out.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  4. spikechiquet

AleSmith's is out also for the West Coasters

5. spikechiquet

Blowing my own horn....a beer I developed is now available on draft around my local area.

Machine Head and ChrisLong like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Was in the Outer Banks and got some local rum. Tonight’s cocktail:

Wreck Diver

2oz Pecan Honey rum
    3/4oz falernum syrup
    1oz fresh lime juice
    orange wedge

Add all ingredients into a shaker tin with ice (squeeze orange wedge and drop in), shake and double strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with a lime wheel.

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Got to spend some time at my marketing mastermind in Austin this week with Daniel, co-founder of The Whisk(e)y School and the world’s first Whiskey Sommelier. He is as charming, smart and funny as he is in his videos…

https://youtube.com/c/WhiskeyVault

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Had a Silver Oak Cabernet last night courtesy of my buddy. Very nice.

9. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Lagunitas IPA for lunch.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In the middle of college tours with my HS junior. Plymouth martini after a 3 school visit day. May need to have another.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

College tours were great times with each kid.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Enjoy. We made two visits before Covid and my kid ended up going to a place she'd never seen in person.

Draft saved Draft deleted