1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chinese. Bowl of fried-egg soup with different meats and veggies in there. Tasty.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I can't wait to get home and enjoy some sesame chicken :D

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Two salami and swiss sandwiches and two bananas.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You can't go to a Padres game without getting the World Famous Fish Tacos. Had two of 'em. Outstanding. :D

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

three_bags_full:

That shrimp batter recipe a few pages back — was that for deep-frying or pan-frying? Also, do you thing it would work well on catfish filets?

And, the sting weed is going to be on the back burner for a while. Wheat harvest is cranking up, and when I'm not here at the office I'll be driving a wheat truck. But, I'm still going to cook some. It's just a matter of when.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I used the shrimp batter for a deep fry, but I guess it could be used for pan frying, too.

7. Platyrhynchos

OK. Thanks.

And if I had a random thought, which I don't, but if I did, it would be to say that my brother qualified for the PGA Championship at Southern Hills. ;D

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

In case it's something you're considering, I'd advise against dumping chili powder on your salad. In fact, turn on the kitchen light any time you reach for the crushed red pepper.

9. Platyrhynchos

My mom once, after the onset of progressive supranuclear palsy, once dumped an entire can of ground cinnamon into the chili instead of dumping chili powder into it.
    Rendered the chili inedible.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Men's Night at the club tonight....

tonight......we eat nuts.

Deeeeeeeeellllllllightful.

11. Low-fat tuna casserole (a Weight Watchers recipe). Roasted Yukon gold potatoes, onions, green peppers, zucchini and yellow squash on the side. And diet Lipton Raspberry Tea to drink.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did you mean yellow squish?

Draft saved Draft deleted