1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Hello, everyone. I want to do something different for dinner tonight. I thought about buying a flank steak (inspired by Guy's Big Bite on the Food Network). But I have no idea what to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Marinade it, grill it, slice it thin, eat and enjoy.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ambrosia, I think. Wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot tongue.

4. KG

KG Active Member

Ewwww no I looked that up, it's not the same. It was just some simple jello salad, but I'm not sure if there was a name for it. The only fruit in it was bananas...I think. No coconut, that's for sure! ICk!

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

KG, it's just jello salad. There are a bazillion different recipes for it, and each one is a staple of church dinners in Minnesota.

As for supper tonight? Most likely hot dogs at the bonfire.

I think every teen in the area is going to be here tonight for a brush-pile burning.

(Heaven help me!)

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Brats, I think. After going to the ChiSox game today, we're going to be full for awhile. Skybox seats are amazing.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Speaking of bonfires, I never heard anymore about the big forest fire you guys had.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

Eggplant stuffed with sweet Italian turkey sausage, cheese and onions. Washed down with a Diet Pepsi Max.

9. Songbird

big ol' grapefruit, Kashi crunchy cereal and black current juice, but that didn't satiate my appetite. so after moneygramming money to a friend in need i went to get a platter of sushi and some mashed potatoes at the store, with an Odwalla protein shake-drink-thing. dessert was hearing the friend's voice again after a year and a half.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Got some gorgeous tomatoes at the farmer's market along with some field greens.

Cooked off some bacon in the oven -- only way to do it, BTW -- and we're having BLTs.

11. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Really mediocre ravioli at a Philadelphia restaurant my friend was raving about. Good thing I had midafternoon chocolate-covered cheesecake at the Italian Market to make up for it!

Anything I absolutely have to do (or eat, since this is the dinner thread) in the City of Brotherly Love before I head back north tomorrow? PM me!

12. Songbird

Run up the steps like Rocky.

Draft saved Draft deleted