1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dry, rubbed ribs, twice-baked taters, red beans and rice, salad, onion rings.

a little better than ihop.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Sure is, as long as you have a blender. It's really easy.

You need milk, ice cream and malted milk powder. (I use Carnation brand, comes in a red and white jar.)

Put a few scoops of ice cream in the blender, a couple spoons of malted milk powder, then some milk and blend. If you're going to add strawberries, add them at the same time.

Then, just fine-tune it, adding as much milk or ice cream as necessary to get it to the right consistency. If there's any left over, you can always store it in the freezer.

Hope those of you with IHOP illness get better soon. I think I'm glad we don't have IHOP around this way.

3. The tea catastrophe has been amended. Thanks.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

carne asada.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Frozen pizza.
    But it's the supreme.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Egg salad, sushi platter, 3 Muskateers, 2.5 stories to write, home run derby.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Burgers. Multiple burgers

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Wow. That sounds great. I'll have to look for that malt powder. My uncle bought a vanilla malt shake from Steak 'n' Shake a few years ago, and I thought it sounded interesting. So I ordered my own, and I was pleasantly surprised. Malt works wonders, but I'll have to admit that I really don't know much about malts.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Sesame Chicken from the chinese place up the road. Yum!

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Pizza and beer by/in the debriefing roomhot tub.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Summer sausage with mac and cheese. We went grocery shopping today and I got some nice eggplant, so anyone who has a good eggplant recipe, let me know.

Oh, and dinner is being topped off by the new Smirnoff Raspberry Tea. Tastes just lke tea. This could mean trouble.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Slice eggplant.
    Place on grill. A couple minutes later, turn over. A couple minutes later, take off.
    Eat.

BW3s. Wing night. Five of us did about 3,230,521 wings.

Draft saved Draft deleted