1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

subway meatball ... $2.99

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Beer! ;D

Seriously, I could've done much worse. The amateur poker league venue switched their specials to $5 Long Island Iced Tea Pitchers. But I chose not to abuse myself in that way. Instead I abused the poker opponents to a third and then a second :D

I had a couple balogna and cheese sammiches when I got home.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Malts are awesome. My mom taught me how to make malts like her mother before her, and now my daughter has learned from me. You should be able to find the malt powder in any grocery store, usually by the ice cream toppings. I think. Seems to me I had to search for it last time.

As for tonight's supper? I haven't a clue! Mr. Rosie is on the road and I don't even know if the kids will be home for supper as of right now.

Maybe I'll just make a salad and if the kids show up, they can have leftovers.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I found some Ovaltine malt and some Carnation malt. I bought both and realized that I'd bought the Carnation stuff once before. I added some to a glass of chocolate milk and nearly danced into the living room on a cloud. Pretty tasty, but it's not part of my current health kick. So the kids will enjoy the remainder of it in their milk.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

leftover baby backs.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A good surprise dinner for my husband. I think he'll be pleased.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, I had leftover sesame chicken from the Chinese place.

Chinese tastes so much better the next day though. This was at least a couple days old, but still damn good. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Egg salad sandwich (new recipe is outfuckingstanding.) Later, brown sugar/cinnamon Pop Tarts.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A cup of peaches and some vanilla yogurt. :(

10. blueview

blueview Member

Sushi. Very good sushi.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Lucky. [napoleondynamitevoice\]

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted