1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

At the Italian ristorante in downtown Olympia, which is a very nice downtown, by the way, I had the pasta with wild boar in tomato sauce. I had a nice deep red with it. Dry, robust, but not bitter. Primitivo, it was. Very nice.

I had a very nice coffee ice cream with hazel nuts, chocolate and strawberry sauces. Espresso finished it all off.

Good stuff. I'll definitely be back.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

try a double vanilla latte on ice with no-fat milk. you will be hooked.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Wild boar? Really?

The most exotic thing I've ever had was Elk and that was at an American Indian themed restaurant in Dallas back in 1999.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

There was a girl we used to call the wild boar. I always thought of her as more of a musk ox with a streak of insanity. She cornered me in a laundry room one drunken night. I got to experience how the other half lives, what with a Herculean person overpowering your drunken, confused self. But I lived to tell about it, as you may have noticed. I had forgotten about the Wild Boar. I saw her a few years later. As these things inevitably occur, she had developed the hotness, had an air of sophistication, was on the verge of a master's degree, etc, etc. But it hardly mattered. Even if she had been Elle McPherson, she was doomed to a future as the Wild Boar.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, you're doomed to be the wild boar's conquest?

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Gee. Thanks. I hadn't thought of it in those terms. Excuse me while I shoot myself in the face.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Tonight was a surprisingly unsatisfactory dinner at Fish Tale Ales Brew Pub in Olympia. The beer was great -- especially the ESB (extra special bitter) -- but the fish tacos and oyxter burger (my friend and I split our entrees) left a good bit to be desired.

The eight-beer samplers we had were great.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The usual here.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A sixer of Coors Original, though I am about to cook up a Totinos pizza.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm here for you, heineken. ;)

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

buy their set of pint glasses. they are awesome ... a great addition to any man's kitchen.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Check that, I am going to have some rum and coke for dinner as well, then a Totinos.

Draft saved Draft deleted