1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Hey now. I didn't spend ALL of it on the Publix sammich. I've got plenty left over to do other things (pay bills etc.)

And the Foreman Grill is a necessity for me. I'm tired of using that damn oven in my apartment! So please cut me some slack man :D

I've had a rough go of it lately and I'm starting to rebuild what I lost so any and all support is welcome.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I would give you sympathy, if only you hadn't said you're going to buy a George Foreman.

It may have the former heavyweight champ's name on it, but it's a grille --- that's right, in proper French tradition, that is the female version of the word. It's suitable for a panini, but I would not ruin a steak by putting it in a double-sided fryer.

You got your choice, Dreamer --- gas or charcoal. Tabletop models of either are inexpensive.

:D

3. Tommy_Dreamer

I'm not planning on cooking a frickin tenderloin on there bub. But it is suitable for Burgers, Chicken etc. I don't do anything fancy, I just want the stuff quick and painless.

I do plan on getting a "GRILL" soon, but for now I plan on getting a Foreman. And if you don't like it, I've got two words for ya! :D

4. 2muchcoffeeman

"Dreamer's wimpy." :D

They overcook food. Nothing like dried-out chicken.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Dreamer, got a crock pot?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

men smoke meat ... yes, let the puns begin.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Not at the moment.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, you need a crock pot more than a George Foreman grill. You can work wonder with a big crock pot. Jambalaya, chili, Italian beef, pulled pork, shredded BBQ chicken. Try that. You can toss some stuff in the thing in the a.m. and come home to a fine meal. Just add veggies.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Might do that. I haven't decided now. And I didn't know wanting to get a Foreman was such a man sin.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Chow at the DFAC.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bag of chips and a Milky Way.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

If you get a crock pot (one of the most useful things you can have in your kitchen), make sure of two things:

1) Buy the full-size one, not the miniature one. Having both is a nice luxury, but if you can only buy one then buy the one that does it all.
    2) Buy the kind with the removable ceramic liner; it's a lot easier to clean. The kind with the liner you can't remove is the kind you can neither immerse in the sink nor put in the dishwasher after you're done with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted