1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how did it turn out? very interested.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We actually didn't end up making it last night. I'd make it tonight, but I won't be able to make it until Midnight, so instead, I made my own crust and I'm going to make it in the oven. I made a beer crust to get rid of the yeast. It's a beer and garlic herb crust. Should be fantastic.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Millions of peaches, peaches for Meat

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. three_bags_full

I know. I know.

I did, however, eat a LATE dinner and am sipping on a coupl'a Buds.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I also just made a cinammon sugar dough for dessert pizza. I think I missed my calling to go to culinary school.

8. three_bags_full

Okay, okay. You twisted my arm. I went to Applebee's (It's the only place I know around my new hotel) and had some wings and a Guiness.

Happy now? :D

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I must say.. I outdid myself with dinner tonight.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

mind telling me just how you did that?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

One bottle of beer (12 oz). I used Leinies honey weiss just for the sweetness.
    5 cups of flour
    a palmful of baking powder
    a pinch of salt
    minced garlic (fresh or the kind in the jar)
    2 tablespoons of olive oil and other italian spices. I used basil and a generic pizza spice.
    few shakes of garlic powder (but we really like garlic).

Mix all the dry ingredients with the olive oil. Pour in the beer and mix. I mix with my hands, but you could also mix with a fork and as your kneading flour in, mix wtih your hands.

That makes enough for 2 12 by 12 pizzas. Put your toppings on the pizzas and put in a preheated oven. The original recipe said 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, but i recommend going higher. Just keep your eyes on the crust if you go higher.

As for the dessert pizza dough,

2 1/2 cups of flour
    pinch of salt
    2 handfuls of sugar
    a palmful of cinammon
    a palmful of baking powder
    1-1 1/2 cups of apple juice (or orange juice, or milk if you don't want as sweet of a dough)

Mix dries, add in apple juice. This one I mix with a fork because it needs to be a litte softer than the pizza dough. Knead in extra flour if needed, but don't let it get too hard.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Definitely will try that recipe, spup. Copy and paste are complete. Can Old Milwaukee Light be substitued for the beer, or does it call for something a bit more substantive?

Tonight:
    BLT sammiches without the L. Tomatoes fresh from the garden, and bacon fresh off porky's ass (or wherever the cut of bacon comes from. My best guess is it comes from the tail, because when you fry the bacon it curls up like the pig's tail :)).

Draft saved Draft deleted