1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

brisket sandwiches

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Chili: ground beef, Carroll Shelby chili mix for spices, can of Ro-Tel Mexican Fiesta tomatoes (blue label, with jalapenos, onions, cilantro and a bit of lime juice). Brown ground beef, mix that and all other ingredients in Crock Pot, allow to simmer all day while you do other things. :D

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Chili in the middle of summer?

Made the Anything Goes hamburgers last night... hamburger with some mustard, honey, onions, garlic powder, A-1, and a chopped up apple mixed in..

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

The Ro-Tels with the lime juice and cilantro are excellent in a lot of dishes. You make me want to fix a pot, but the heat index here was 108 yesterday. That will require a heaping spoonful of sour cream. There's hamburger in the fridge, but I am a man of extremes. It's ground turkey chili when I'm being healthy and Italian sausage from a tube when I'm being naughty.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

You had me at hello...but you lost me with the apple. I'm sure it's good, but I don't know. I've had them with a slice of pineapple on top.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I used granny smiths. You don't notice it in the burger much, but it gives it that twinge of sour to go with the sweetness of the honey. I mix it all in and then grill them. Oh, I did put a little shredded cheese in, too, but also put cheese on top when they were on the grill.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Damn straight. It's not just for winter anymore. :D

So what would be in a Sports & News hamburger?

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It would be a "Just the facts, ma'am" burger.. hamburger, salt, pepper, and onion. :) No frills with the sports and news burger.

There's a reason I call it the Anything Goes burger, but without starting a war, I can't post it here. :)

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fight, fight, fight.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Careful, last time I did that IJAG scolded me and another poster for being "childish"

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Something out of a vending machine.

*sigh*

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i will listen to none of that business from someone who converses about having/not having sex with frozen yogurt. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted