1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Get the tacos.

Gotta be less carbs.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Carbs don't matter. WW goes only on calories, fat grams and fiber.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I had fish wraps
    Black beans, rice, crumbled up Mahi Mahi, mixed with soy sauce and wasabi powder on a tortilla.
    Quick, cool and good eating.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Considering she's picking up something I want, it's delicious.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So how WAS the Chipotle?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wouldn't know.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When I started eating sushi for the first time, a co-worker showed me the best concoction for the wasabi -- mixing it with soy sauce. And it's good. But the wasabi overpowers the fish taste, and so what's the point? I want to be able to taste the fish and the rice.

Anyone else?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just fucking with you.

You can PM me the truth: She's bringing you Chipotle. My wife would do the same thing. It's OK. You're married. Your nuts were loped off at "I Do." The adrenaline conceals the pain.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Those fish wraps sound good, Jay.

And Xan, I let the sushi chef put the wasabi on if it's supposed to be there, but it depends on what kind of sushi I'm eating. I'll dunk a spicy tuna roll in a little soy/wasabi mix.

I don't mess with the sashimi much. Had scallop sashimi last night that was fanned out on the plate between paper thin slices of lemon, and even that almost overpowered the flavor of the scallop.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All this talk of sushi and tuna roll and scallops is making me damn hungry to go to the Korean place right now.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It was just a sprinkle of wasabi powder, just to add another layer of flavor.
    If I'm eating at a real sushi joint, I won't add wasabi or soy. I do heart the pickled ginger though.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just got back from st. louis. stopped off for wendy's and about ready to hit the sack.

Draft saved Draft deleted