1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Sonny's. Turkey with BBQ sauce and baked beans and chocolate Ovaltine.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

One bite of a turkey dog, at which point I realized I hate turkey dogs.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Brown rice with Creole seasoned-catfish.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

pizza hut meat lovers w/peppers and pineapple

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

experimented at Appleby's:

ordered something off the Weight Watcher's part of the menu to see if there was any difference in taste or size of portion. Ordered beef tips and shrimp on separate kabob-like sticks, and also on the plate was a healthy serving of broccoli and rice under the beef and shrimp. Also ordered a side of mashed potatoes. The beef was so-so, and the shrimp had decent seasoning, the rice was pedestrian, but the broccoli spears were tasty (some kind of peppery seasoning). It was a good-sized portion and only 370 calories. The taters probably added another 150 or 200, but they were good.

For dessert, a bowl with 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream drowning in chocolate sauce.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

So it came out to about...what.. 1,000 cals? :)

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I am having a chili and cheese baked potato.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Those skewers are good, but the shrimp is much better than the beef. They will make it for you with all shrimp if you want.

Also, the raspberry chocolate cake thing, the only dessert on the WW menu there, is also good. But probably not worth the $4 they charge.

I'm going to make grilled cheese to make up for the turkey dog. If I remembered how to make corn on the cob (something about sugar and some amount of boiling) I'd do that instead. But I'll ask my mom tomorrow.

9. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Totino's. Yuck. I just moved into my new apartment yesterday and don't get food money until the end of the month.

:mad:

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on, Totino's are good. I eat them all the time.
    Tonight I ate a foot-long club sandwich from Subway. Not too bad, though I wish my town had a Quizno's.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

smoked babybacks.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Subway chicken and bacon ranch.

Draft saved Draft deleted