1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the best damned kc strip i've ever had. i'm now 2-for-2 on grilling/smoking steak.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I had chips and dip and beer.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Shiner Bock?

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

How'd you know?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're in Austin.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

:D

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Rosa Maria's. Bean, cheese and rice. My last meal living in the 'Bern.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Applesauce and tortilla chips. And now I'm really hungry.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

'bern?

10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Tonight is going to be pan-fried catfish.

And, they will taste better than they normally do because I caught them Aug. 27 on a fishing trip with my brother. I should have been at work, but I just told them I was going to the lake and I would be back later. No one gave a shit (pretty much the attitude of this board toward me). So, I went fishing with my brother and caught two channel cats at the lake. Both were about two pounds.

This afternoon, I'm going to work on future suppers as I'm headed back to the lake to see if I can do a bit of damage to the white bass population. 8)

And since it's still marginally hot here, adult beverages (quantity, not quality) will be in the offing after said fishing trip. ;D

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think tonight will be grilled pot roast. Tomorrow will be steak and pasta.

12. Steak and pasta? Those go well together?

I'd been grazing for a while as I cranked out my final Blue Ribbon BBall copy. Had a three-meat sammich on a onion roll with a beer.

Draft saved Draft deleted