1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Shrimp and grits.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Frank, I'd love your recipe for shrimp and grits if and when you have some time.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I just kind of go online and wing it, still trying to find one that knocks me out. We honeymooned in Charleston and I ate shrimp and grits every day. And it was different at every restaurant. But they were pretty much all better than mine. And we've gone back many times since. I am still but a novice.

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Any chance the unwritten Code of the West would include making all recipe requests being posted here as public knowledge?
    I know Spup has wanted to compile an SportsJournalists.com recipe book, but apparently isn't having much success with recipe donations.
    Three_bags_full has posted some recipes on here (damned good ones, I might add), and I even posted one — although it wasn't looked upon too kindly, as I recall.
    Just asking those with recipes to spread the wealth a little. And, recipes for one would be especially appreciated. Cooking for two was difficult enough, but I forgot how hard cooking for one can be.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I got some T-Bones, roast spuds, carrots, and maybe some yourkshire pudding.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I still want to compile the book, but until I get more recipes than mine, tbf's, and moddy's squish recipes... I can't.

7. Platyrhynchos

I'll send some recipes your way sometime, spup.

"Oh, joy of all joys." [/spup]

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'll try and send you some. Nothing fancy, but good I think.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't think people want fancy. They want stuff they can do. Am I right, all?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what? who looked at posting the recipies with an unkind eye? i copied and pasted more than one and was damned happy to have them.

11. Platyrhynchos

Tom- 'Tweren't the actual act of posting the recipe. That was just fine. It was the recipe itself. It was for macaroni salad, and someone said it sounded like Hamburger Helper (it's not HH. It's damned tasty FWIW). I should have made myself more clear.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well shit, now i want that recipe, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted