1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The best egg salad sandwich I've ever eaten by 10 freakin' miles, courtesy of the obit lady, in her 60s. It was so damn good.

She said she uses a touch of vinegar to smooth out the mayo because she doesn't like her mayo lumpy (which reminded me of the Humpty Dance oatmeal lyric). But anyhoo, it was the best sandwich I've eaten in quite some time.

And a handful or four of Triscuit Thin Crisps parmesan garlic flava. And water.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I made lasagna.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you make your own lasagna, oz?

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Negative. Nothing goes on the Mexican or spaghetti.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

k - taking a chili baseline.

6. jps

jps Active Member

that's what I'm cookin up tonight, tbf. over the years have perfected a taste-alike of cracker barrel. it takes hours, but is well worth it. one of mrs. jps' favorites.

7. three_bags_full

They never got thick enough last night. Had to add some flour to get them to thicken up at all. I think too much chicken fat in the stock kept hindered it some.

As far as the recipe, I'm pretty basic with mine. I don't add anything but salt and pepper. And a side of cornbread.

8. jps

jps Active Member

and, yeah, tbf ... chill with the chili. a little scary that tommy and I agree on so many things ... least many of them are food-related things.

if anything, the perfect cold-weather lunch for quick-and-easy is the perfectly grilled grilled cheese (potato bread actually works awesome and grills golden evenly better than most, for a little tip) and tomato soup, made with milk. if you must, you can dip. some people are just dippers ... and this is a time where it is acceptable, though not on every bite and not necessarily recommended.

9. jps

jps Active Member

flat dumplings or airy? mom used to make the drop dumplings and they were airy as hell. loved them at the time, but this was before I truly appreciated the flat dumplings.

I've got my recipe at the house ... might post it later, though my computer at home is once again not working with the power jack plug-in. thought it had miraculously cured itself ... instead seems it was just a last-gasp thing.

10. three_bags_full

11. jps

jps Active Member

atta boy.

12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ground turkey, black bean liar liar pants on fire hot chili for the debate, with cornmeal muffins. Tequila shots optional.

Draft saved Draft deleted