1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I haven't had matzo ball soup in a long, long time. I'll have to get some soon.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Flambéd filets with an herbed steak butter. Asparagus sauteed with shallots and butter. Au gratin potatoes and creme bruleé for dessert.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Chicken pot pie

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Leftover steak served as the base for stir-fry. Green beans, onions, mushrooms, a soy sauce-based sauce over rice.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

After reading this this afternoon, I went out to the store and got a steak. Added baked potato and roasted eggplant. Don't think there will be dessert unless I make baked apples.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Pulled pork BBQ sandwich and Tostitos scoops.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Forgot to flambé the filet (because everything finished at about the same time) and didn't make the dessert. Made a red wine sauce with shallots and tomato paste and some spices; it complimented the herbed butter pretty well. The potatoes were the bomb, especially with about two handfuls of cheese mixed in.

Tomorrow, it's spaghetti. I'm making everything from scratch, including the tomato sauce. I'm roasting all the tomatoes, instead of using canned.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Pumpkin soup with sausage. Nothing beats trying to puree boiling soup with a hand blender.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

T-bone with a baked tater w/butter and sour cream.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Pumpkin soup? Blech ...

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fragrant Indian Butter Chicken.....

Using shredded rotisserie chicken, add onion, gingerroot, garlic, chili powder, tumeric, cinnamon, diced tomatoes, brown sugar, half-and-half, sour cream and cilantro. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.

Serve on white rice. Effin delicious.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Panda Express at Dodger Stadium. Hi, Petty!

Draft saved Draft deleted