1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Pizzamaking.com will throw enough information at you to make you want to call Pizza Hut.

Dough:

King Arthur Flour 16 oz.
    Warm Water 9 oz
    Tablespoon Olive Oil
    1 teaspoon yeast
    1 teaspoon kosher salt

Let dough sit overnight in refrigerator.

Take dough out 2 hours before making pizza. Spread out on a lightly floured pizza peel. About 45-60 minutes before making the place pizza stone in grill and heat up. The higher the heat the better. Depending on the grill and the stone the time can vary.

I used homeade sauce I made last week but for the first couple of attempts I used Classico Basil. Spread the sauce around the dough. Less is more when making a pizza so cover the dough but don't put a lot down. It makes the dough soggier when you are looking for a crisp crust with soft interior. I added shredded imported fontina first, placed down the fresh tomato and basil and placed about 7 slices of fresh mozzarella on top. The second pizza I added the pepperoni. (imported from Italy, not China TP)

The first couple of times I got dough from my local Italian market. Pretty cheap and let me play around more the process of cooking. The key to making the pizza is the heat, stone and pizza peel. The peel allows you to slide the pie onto the stone without folding.

Go to pizzamaking.com and study up. These people have way too much passion for pizza but have tons of information.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Was planning on just thinking about eating but some of the tech guys came up to the newsroom with some wings from Ker's Wing House here in my fair city. Very nice touch and it sure as hell endears them to the sports guys on a night we're stuck in the office watching baseball.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

KFC two-piece meal with cole slaw and a biscuit. Not the healthiest, but when I haven't had much of an appetite for a few days, I'll take it if it sounds good.

Speaking of, hmm, I think I want a Cinnabon in the morning. :)

4. KG

KG Active Member

Leftover Japanese. Fried rice from the hibachi grill and a spring roll. The "real" sushi I had yesterday was mouthwatering.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

back in LA for the first time in 7 years. rented a fat jeep and hopped ong the 405 south and turned on KROQ, and headed to long beach. memories came at warp speed, and i was in my hometown in 20 minutes. exited at palo verde, passed my high school and ended up at the green burrito. had to.

so i got a wet red, like i always used to get, and horked it down in minutes.

the next few days will be cool and strange and somber, and i'll enjoy every second.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There's nothing like going home. Enjoy it.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Xan, when I returned to Florida for good last year I immediately had to go to this local ice cream stand that was always in my mind for fantastic milkshakes and underrated BBQ. It was so worth it. I know you'll have many more experiences at your old favorite haunts.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

At home this weekend, and enjoying the same type of pleasures, Xan. Tonight was Zaxby's night. Enjoy it.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no leftover dodger dogs?

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Zaxby's is vastly underrated. Now the wait time is definitely not.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and by the way, fucker, on sunday, i took out about two pounds of frozen (already smoked) ribs and about two pounds of frozen brisket (both leftovers from bbqs) and plopped both pig and cow into a pan, poured in the sweet baby rays and let it simmer for four hours.

funny thing was, while i ate that sweet, sweet delicacy, i actually thought of you and giggled just a bit.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

When you die, the barbecue gods will banish you to an eternity of canned barbecue.

Draft saved Draft deleted