1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you fucking sensed that post, didn't you?

that almost was freakish how quickly you replied to that.

and, btw, my four guests almost peed their pants in glee when i sent them home with a bag of leftovers.

2. KG

KG Active Member

Chicken stew (soup)

A full batch costs me $15-$20 to make and feeds both me and my husband for seven dinners. It's so full of chicken and chopped vegetables, I can actually make the spoon I use stand up in the middle of the pot. If I spend an extra $3 on noodles, I can make it feed us for 14-20 dinners. That's about $1 for two people a day. I love bulk cooking!

The other six night's worth of dinner are already separated and in the freezer.

Tomorrow, I'll have a big batch of bean soup cooking all day long. It's 16 servings and cost me a whole whopping dollar. I splurged and bought a $7 pork loin that will cook with it all day, then be diced up and put back in. So for $8, I'll have another eight nights of dinner for two.

I love cooking! ;-)

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

They were only nice in front of you. They tossed the beef on the way out. Check your garbage can.

4. KG

KG Active Member

My award-winning chili. Yes, I actually have trophies. I made such a big batch tonight that I have dinner for 12 more chili nights in the big freezer. I've been doing that this week every time I cooked something that can be made just as easily in bulk, and my freezer is starting to actually be stocked for once.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The apocalypse apparently being on its way.

6. KG

KG Active Member

Don't talk about my Ky friend like that. It's only the apocalypse after we are together.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

:-X

(I didn't even think about that)

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Had my homemade green chile enchiladas. Yes, metsfan has a bit of mexican food game.

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

mini cheese dogs with buz&ned's bbq sauce, rice and sourdough bread, plus a side salad.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

A large tossed salad, honey-glazed chicken, sundried-tomato flavored couscous, and string beans.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You use Hatch?

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted