1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Hey, no one in my family can cook like you. Gotta get it elsewhere. Plus, I eat once a day.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

couple that with a dime bag a day of sweet, sweet junk: the breakfast of champions. ;)

3. Whatever gets me to the big concert in the sky, my friend.

4. KG

KG Active Member

I'm slow-cooking a pork loin. It'll be going in the oven soon. Also I'll be serving roasted new potatoes, fresh green beans, and I may try making collard greens for the first time. Any tips on making collard greens?

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wash them thoroughly. You have to cook them twice. Once with a pinch of baking soda for just a few minutes, or until they soften up. Then, rinse the greens and the pot, salt 'em up good and cook them until they're done. Go to the grocery store and get a ham bone and use that to season them, too.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Chicken and cheese quesadilla and a Hooker Blonde Ale.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Friend Of A Friend -- foo

Dammit. Wrong thread. I'll leave it to leave TP his joy.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sounds good.

9. KG

KG Active Member

I'm going to make some homemade rolls today. I just haven't figured out what to serve with them for dinner. Tonight's rolls will be a test run for Thanksgiving. I've never made homemade rolls.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

This thread should never die. So the dinner menu in Dreamville tonight was Dreamer_Dad's fantastic Scalloped Potatoes and Kielbasa (sp?).

You cook the kielbasa a bit first and then combine it into the scalloped taters mixture. Bake for however long it takes and you've got greatness from the oven.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Obit lady's really good egg salad sandwich (best egg salad I've ever had, considering "the shoes" ...) and some chips.

12. Pei Wei

Orange peel chicken, fried rice. Rockin'.

Draft saved Draft deleted